Thursday, January 7, 2010

Girls on the Run

"Girls on the Run" is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. I train women at all ages, sizes, and ability levels.

As a male I can only observe from the outside the pressure that society puts on females. Our
image-oriented society makes it tough on you women. The emphasis on physical appearance cuts to the heart of a woman's self-concept, that is, how she sees and values herself.

Besides self-esteem, fitness is very important for a woman's health and wellness. It takes a lot of work to stay healthy and vibrant in our culture. Getting started on the right foot is important.

Nothing is more rewarding than helping a female excel in the physical side of fitness, and seeing the accompanying internal evolution.

Youth Tri
I was race director for the Columbia, MO Youth Triathlon. In Nashville I teach clinics for youth triathletes to get ready for the Middle TN Youth Triathlon. (Sorry there are boys in this picture.)

Water Aerobics
At the Wellness Center at Baptist I teach aquatics fitness groups, which caters to a distinctly older clientele. (Sorry there are boys in this picture too.)


Vandy Tri

And somewhere in the middle of the age range, here are some women from the Vanderbilt Triathlon team (No boys in this picture.)

But even more than the results of my clients, I want the women in my own life to be healthy, strong, confident, and happy. This includes my mom, my fiance, my sister.....

Tatum
And my little nieces Colette and Tatum!

Girls on the Run, Nashville "uses the power of running to help prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. Through interactive activities such as playing games, running, discussing health, wellness and other important issues, participants learn how to celebrate being girls. The girls are empowered with a greater self-awareness, a sense of achievement and a foundation in team building to help them become strong, confident, well-balanced young women."

No comments:

Post a Comment