Sunday, January 24, 2010

Barry Smith Becomes a Believer

Barry Smith writes:

"Mr. Taylor, You have made a believer out of me! I have always heard cross training is an important part of any athletes conditioning, and I have heard it so much that you can’t really argue with it. But somewhere deep down I still knew that the best thing for me was just to run, forget all the other stuff, it wasn’t going to be THAAAT beneficial. Well all that changed at the Zoo run on Saturday. I have been running light runs 2-3 times a week, never more than 5 miles, and doing a lot of cross training. [Note: Barry is doing strength training and swimming.] I had no idea what to expect for the time. I was hoping for something along the lines of where I was last year before the IRFTP half marathon. Well I was actually 2 minutes faster than the last official 5K that I ran, 25min 03 seconds! Thank you Stephen, if this is a sign of things to come, I couldn’t be happier!

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment