Sunday, December 6, 2009

Get the Emo

Really, the inspiration is what it is all about; the EMOTION (aka, "emo.") If you don't have your emotions aligned with what you are trying to do, then it will be much harder to achieve your goal. Emotions can fuel your fire to work towards a goal....or they can create barriers to what you really should be doing in training.

Perhaps it is time to make seasonal changes to your training (e.g., reduce intensity, increase volume, or change priorities.) Are your emotions getting in the way? I will admit I have co-opted the term "emo" in this case. What is an emo?

emo kid

I am not sure but I think it looks something like the person in this picture. Emos (emi?) tend to be young people, which makes sense when you think about it because generally speaking your people are more emotional than grown ups.

Emos tend to be seen riding bikes like this one:

Emo


There are a whole bunch of emos riding bikes like this one in the new 30 Seconds to Mars video (which may or may not be an emo band, I'm not sure)....on this short video/written essay I trace the arc from emo peoples and emo bikes through Jared Leto back to Steve Prefontaine. He certainly ran by fueling his emotions. Perhaps Pre was an emo?

Torbjorn

Pictured above, Torbjorn Sindballe is displaying emo, the good kind. Although he looks a little scary, he is actually happy because he just finished 3rd place at the Hawaii Ironman when this picture was taken.

In my coaching I put a lot of emotions into what I do. I jump up and down when a client has a success breakthrough. I'm also perplexed solving an injury or motivation problem. And at the end of the day, I want to help you experience the very best emo...new achievements, better health, and fun times. After all, that is what life is all about, right? , fun times. That is what life is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment