Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lululemon in Nashville...and Beyond

I have a new policy.  Actually I am playing a little bit of catch up.  I am going to get some product reviews up of free or discounted products I have received.  In my role as endurance coach, personal trainer, elite endurance, exercise stylist, and taste maker I receive a perk here and there.

One of those perks was a gift card for Lululemon.  I went by their *small-and-on-the-second-floor-with-no-storefront-access* Lululemon shop and it was closed--for remodeling so they could open a new, larger, awesome storefront in Green Hills.  Two weeks later I went back....and this is what it looks like:


Lululemon is a retailer and a clothing brand that focuses on yoga, running, and generally stylish apparel.  Very. Stylish. Apparel.

In this picture you can see lots of yoga mats, and also quite a bit of women's exercise apparel.

Photo: I took this shot with my camera phone, and I knew it would make an impression.  To quote my wife Susan, "Oh I think that is awesome.  I love it."  If you can't find pants that you like here...

White running shorts is a guilty pleasure...in which I indulged during this trip to Lululemon.

Okay let's talk about the gear.  Here I can talk no-nonsense as I have been an endurance athlete for 20 years.  These shorts are awesome.  The liner has a very soft feel, the elastic holds the shorts up with out being uncomfortable.  There are side pockets on each side, and one small zip pocket for key/cell phone/condom.  I also picked up a pair of yoga pants that I have worn to a corporate appointment with a shirt and tie.  In short, very stylish...and functional, and comfortable. 


The final impression I had leaving from Lululemon.  The staff express genuine interest in your goals and make sure you have an amazing experience when you are in the shop.  (I hate walking into a retailer and being ignored or condescended upon.  It happened today somewhere in Virginia.)  Lululemon is warm, friendly, helpful. I'm not going to lie...this is not a discount retailer.  But for excellent style, functionality, and customer service, you can't go wrong at Lululemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment