Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Lines at ACME Multisport

I stopped by ACME Multisports yesterday to order a few odds and ends.  I have coming down the pipeline a new helmet and Oakley Sunglasses to match the new ST-TOA Team Kits, so I am super excited there.  I was also ordering a couple pair of single-bend aerobar extensions, because Susan and I are so over S-Bends.  

I must admit, ACME is an exciting place to visit these days.  Their inventory of tri and road bikes is extremely well stocked, and the Oakley Sunglasses case is definitely oogle-worthy.

 Oakley Jawbones in ACME Team colors

I hope I am not giving away privileged information here, but ACME will be a dealer for NEWTON SHOES by the end of July.


Next I noticed a new item that I had not seen there before: A new cycling shoe line called Bont shoes.  (The irony the name sounds like Bontrager, which is really Trek. I think this is far more exciting.)  Bont Cycling Shoes is an Australian company which makes custom-moldable shoes.  Not only does the shoe look cool and feel extremely lightweight, but you can actually heat the body of the shoe and custom-mold it to your own foot.    This is not some kind of a novelty gimmick.  This is the kind of treatment that pro cyclists receive and used to be in the $400-900 price range, but these shoes are much less than that.
The Bont Sub-10.  A great value for a competitive triathlon shoe.

I can tell you that if your cycling shoes aren't 100% comfortable, then this is going to hold you back until you remedy the problem.  I have been wearing the same brand of cycling shoes for over 10 years, but this is the first shoe to come along in a while that has me thinking about trying something new.

Overall I am excited to see these merchandise lines (Oakley, Newton, Bont) picked up by ACME Multisports, a distinct improvement to ACME's "bling appeal."  I have always admired the shop for its ability to serve the beginning-to-intermediate endurance athlete.  That is why I refer my coaching clients to ACME; lots of great values and product advice if you are new to the sport.  But now we are getting into the high end good stuff.

So if you are new to the sport and want to get started without killing your finances, ACME will get you started.  And if you are ready to take your equipment to the next level.....

No comments:

Post a Comment