Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dean Britt Rises to the Challenge, Displays His Commitment


Dean Britt finished the Rev 3 Triathlon this past Sunday.  It was awesome to see him achieve a new level of accomplishment (first half iron) and surpass his time goal by 45 minutes!  Dean stated, "little by little I am learning that I can do these things, that I don't have to let limits hold me back."  He has also lost 25lbs training this season.

His next goal is to run a 25 minute 5K...that sounds like some great off season training.

We discussed the eventual goal to do an iron distance (I recommended Beach 2 Battleship.)  We agreed that it would be a good idea to take 2 years to build to that goal, with the plan to do two half irons next year. 

Dean wanted a little momento of his triathlon accomplishments this year, and a way to display his commitment to future goals.  So we paid a visit to Icon Tattoo tonight:





Dean: You are great.

1 comment:

  1. Dean is also a great teammate. He has often given me a high five or encouraging word during races as I have reached for my goals. His help was much appreciated. Congrats Dean!

    ReplyDelete