Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Matt M. Registers for Ironman Florida

They day after watching his partner Mindy complete Beach 2 Battleship, Matt made the ultimate commitment.


Photo: Nov 8th Matt got on the computer.



Photo: Then he paid an exorbitant sum of money within a narrow window of minutes.



Photo: Now he is the lucky recipient of a race number for Ironman Florida, 2010.


AFTER registering, he e-mails me this (in his own words):



Hey coach:

I might get scolded for this, and good or bad, I registered yesterday for Ironman Fla. I already know what you're thinking, but there are 2 things I know for certain 1) I CAN do it and 2) You're the coach to get me there. I know everything happens for a reason which is why I believe this is my destiny and the start of a very long journey. There is a reason I got a bootleg copy of "Fundamentals of Swimming" and a reason I ended up with you as a coach....All these things together equal me reaching my goal.

I won't be able to do it if I don't have you as a coach. I'm asking for your help and after watching you crush the B2B course I know you're not only up for it, but are ready and willing to beat my ass in to submission along the way. If you agree to help, I agree to give you 100% effort and promise never to tap out.

You ready? I am. I've figured out how I'll be able to manage work and workouts and work. I wouldn't want to do this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment