Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Triathlon Weekend Part 1: VO2 and Body Composition Testing

One of the services that I offer is a one day or weekend individualized training clinic. This is especially popular with my clients who live a distance away and can only interact with me in person on special occasions.

Rick H. is training for an Iron Distance with the help of my coaching, so I persuaded him to come to Nashville for a weekend of big training. Here are some pictures of the first night of his weekend clinic.

We connected with Fitnesswave for a full testing session, including VO2 and Body Composition Analysis


Photo: Preparing for the VO2 Bike test.



Photo: Graded exercise tests are fun! This is a great way to determine your HR zones for long course and ironman training.


Photo: On the rivet.



Photo: Part 2 of testing....the hydrostatic body composition analysis.


Photo: Underwater weighing is the most accurate testing method for body fat.



Photo: The 3rd test was a VO2 treadmill running test.



Photo: David Harris of Fitnesswave interprets the test results so you know what to do with them.



Photo: Because I work closely with Fitnesswave (on the left), you receive a training program that integrates these results into them. I help make sure you use the data correctly to maximize your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment