Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swiftwick Socks Deliver

I like to promote the products that I believe in, and Swiftwick Socks is one such product.

I participate in not one but two sports that place a high demand on your feet; namely ultramarathon trail running and long course triathlon.

The first two pictures are of my fiance Susan and I doing a 24 mile trail run. We both chose the 12 in socks to support our lower legs, while I added a pair of 1" Merino wool for extra cushion.


Photo: Susan on her longest trail run ever.



Photo: My 2 layer configuration.

The second workout which I will describe is my favorite iron-distance "test" session. It consists of 3 x [25 mile bike--5 mile run.] My training group did this on the Natchez Trace which doesn't have a flat mile in it. On this particular day the temperature rose from 80-ish to well up in the upper 90's.

When you are training for hours on end--switching from cycling to running and back--in these kind of extreme conditions you need to have reliable. I am proud that I did not have one hint of a hot spot or blister on my feet, even running in lightweight racing shoes for the last 5 mile run.


Photo: After 75 miles cycling and 15 miles running, my feet are still happy.




Photo: Swiftwick are the lightest, most amazing socks you will ever wear no matter what your sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment