Sunday, February 7, 2010

Slush Run

Well it is all gone by now, but I got out and ran some really gnarly trails last week while the snow was still "piled high" in Nashville. I hit the Percy Warner Park Red-White-Candy Cane-Blue loop, one of my favorite anywhere.

The extreme snow/slush/mud combo gave me an excuse to pull out these great Gore-Tex Salomons that I wear only a few times per year. They have a nice gaitor-thingy on them to keep your socks dry. Of course you know what sock was hidden beneath there.

Swiftwicks! If you are going to be running trails, I highly recommend the Merino Wool / Olefin blend sock for the best in cushioning, blister protection, and warmth. My feet felt dry even when immersed in ice water.

And I had a chance to try out this great shirt my friend Mike Denehy from Missouri sent me. We started this race called Xtreme Cross Country ("XCX") together before I moved to Nashville. If you live up in those parts definitely enter it in the fall. In the meantime, get out there and run some trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment