Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Saddle That Elminates Taint Pain

This post deals with a very sensitive issue...the place where women sit on a bike saddle. This is no laughing matter, especially if you are trying to fit a woman in optimal triathlon position.

As my fiance has explained it to me, there is no comfortable place for her to sit on a tri saddle. I have been literally in tears trying to get her comfortable. Nose down. Nose up. Sit off to one side. Finally I knew what had to be done. I bought an ISM Adamo from ACME Multisports.



It is easy to see the difference between the Adamo and a traditional saddle...no front part. To see how this design benefits the female anatomy, a picture speaks a thousand words...


Laura-5.jpg - Laura Bennett
Photo: Laura Bennett, Ranked #1 in World.

Who else rides and Adamo?

KONA-DAY-1-048a.jpg - Michellie Jones and hr pim'd out ride
Photo: Ironman World Champion, Olympic Silver medalist Michelle Jones.

Joel Friel (author of the "Triathlete's Training Bible") has this to say about the ISM Adamo:

"For a man to be even moderately comfortable (which means significantly uncomfortable) he must adjust his equipment to one side or the other of the nose of the saddle. There is simply no way to eliminate the discomfort of that damned saddle nose sticking out between the thighs. That is until I came a cross the Adamo saddle that John helped to design...

"Once I got it adjusted, riding on the Adamo was very comfortable. No more gauging, numbness or shifting around looking for a spot that wasn’t already achy. What a difference! I should have done this a long time ago. I now stay centered on the saddle rather than moving from side to side as I did before. The name “Adamo” is appropriate; it is Latin for “pleasure.” Riding the TT bike has, indeed, become a pleasure. I now look forward to these TT workouts.

A new comment just added by client El Gato: "I love the saddle by the way....I have zero numbness issues now...young Mr Johnson was numb for two days after my last half ironman [before getting the ISM Adamo.] I think it is key for being able to stay in the aero position."

If you are having prolonged saddle pain issues, try the Adamo. You will drop some coin to get one ($180 for the top model,) but a pain-free crotch is priceless. As for me, the only thing I care about is that my fiance is comfortable and happy. She says saddle pain is now non-existant. We are doing the 3 State 3 Mountain Century this weekend, and we are both looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment